- No plug-ins or extra software needed
- Scalable solution, desktop or server-based options available
- Timestamping supports time sensitive document transactions and audit trails
- Compliant with digital signature regulations
- Save time and resources, remove cumbersome paper-based transactions
- Assures document has not been altered since sending
- Signatures can be customized with any font, size, and even images
- Compatible with Adobe Acrobat/Reader 8.0+
Certify your documents
Adding a certifying signature to a PDF means you are the author of the document, have finalized its contents, and want to secure it against tampering after it has been distributed. Certified documents display a blue ribbon across the top of the document containing the signer's name and the Certificate issuer - a clear, visual indicator of document authenticity and authorship.
- Healthcare Industry: Prove the origin of confidential reports and ensure they cannot be
altered after distribution.
- Architecture/Engineering/Construction Industry: Protect your intellectual property by making
sure no one can make any changes to your drawings or plans after publishing. You can also
choose to include your Professional Engineer seal as part of your signature. In addition, many
State Departments of Transportation and other regulating bodies now require digital signatures for
electronic document submission.
- Any organizations implementing electronic workflows around sensitive or proprietary documents,
where preserving document origin and integrity is necessary.
Add Approval Signatures
If you receive or create a PDF with a digital signature field, you can use your PDF Signing Certificate to add your signature. Signatures can be customized to include an image (e.g., your physical signature or official seal) and various signature details (e.g., signing location, date, reason for signing).
Ideal for organizations wishing to move the following types of documents online:
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Quotes
- Any other high value documents
GlobalSign is an approved member of Adobe's Certified Document Services (CDS) program and our PDF Signing Certificates
are transparently trusted by Adobe Acrobat. This means once you receive your Certificate you can immediately begin
certifying and digitally signing PDFs, without the need to install any additional software or plug-ins.
Adobe Reader's simple to interpret “Blue Ribbon, Yellow Warning Triangle, and Red X” messaging allows even
novice users an easy to understand method to determine if the document is legitimate.
GlobalSign partners with Seiko for timestamping so the date and time are captured each time you
sign a document, providing the unarguable evidence essential for time sensitive transactions and
- Digitally sign and/or certify PDFs with:
Acrobat Standard/Professional - Version 8.0+x
Adobe LiveCycle Document Security Server - Version 9.0+
- Validate signed PDFs with:
Acrobat Elements v8.x+
Adobe Reader v8.x+
Adobe LiveCycle Document Security Server v.8.x and LiveCycle ES Digital Signatures
For Acrobat to access the certificate (signing key) on your USB token, you must have installed the SafeNet iKey drivers for your Operating System.